Thursday, June 28, 2007

Racism

Racism. It's so degrading, we all hate it when someone makes a snide comment about us, and yet we do the same to others. It's interesting how things are so circular. Being a Sikh, it is very easy to be noticed and many confuse us with terrorists, and we get made fun of, constantly, continuously. But, I still sometimes make racist remarks in a joking fashion. Either way, both parties are acting wrongly. People are people. We are all, essentially, the same; and we should love each other for our differences. What kind of world would it be if there was no variation. Boring.

I know saying this is easy, but embracing our differences will make living, for everyone, much easier. I wouldn't have to face stupid comments about my beard or turban; and that is something I would appreciate.

No comments: